Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our Favorite Books so far

There is a companion set of books by Rod W. Jeppsen - Pathway Publishing - that have been incredibly helpful for us. They are based on the Articles of Faith and are a workbook approach to healing from sexual addiction.

There is one for the struggling individual is entitled "Line Upon Line, Precept Upon Precept" and another one for the spouse or family member is entitled "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." I was able to find them at our local LDS bookstore, but if you can't locate them, I will include the publisher's information below so that you can contact them directly.

I have continually sought after things that would help and uplift me. I have endured incredibly difficult times that I have not posted about, striving to include only the avenues and resources that have been a strength and help to me. Things that would help and heal.

The spouse's book is so hopeful and helpful and uplifting. It is filled with scriptures and quotes from the brethren. It is quite daunting in length, but it's broken up into segments that are tolerable. Many of them require such introspection and emotional vulnerability, that I'm exhausted after each chapter. It's taken me quite some time to get through the book. But at the end he always provides suggestions of how to release, take a break, nourish your soul and continue to recover.

My husband speaks very highly of the other book. It is not quite as lengthy, but be sure to get the one in the workbook format. There is a smaller version that he said was not quite as helpful or instructive.

The author has a Master's in Counseling and has served as a Bishop & high councilor in the LDS Church. He has a wonderful testimony that is evident in his writing. I am so grateful for the time and work this fine man has done on these books. They have been a great strength and help to us.

(Pathway Publishing, PO Box 95122, South Jordan, Utah, 84095-0122, 801-253-3138)

No comments:

Post a Comment